Sunday, October 14, 2012

Indonesia has great business opportunities

Growing up I recall sitting around the Thanksgiving table and taking two corn kernels. We would go around the table and mention one thing that were grateful for and one thing we were looking forward to and then we would share a bible verse or passage that meant a lot to us at the current time.
If I had corn kernels in front of me I would praise God for my husband who gives and shares in so many ways and look forward to graduating with MA in another... 12 months. The passage that really sticks out with me this summer and today is Eph. 6:10. We all know the armor of God and could at least summarize passage if not quote it word-for-word. Have you really analyzed the verse 10, before it goes into each armor, The battle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers of darkness. The battle before us is not to fight battles within the church or a battle of poor vs. rich. Our battle is against the rulers of good and evil. 
To be honest this school year I started to make choices that would benefit mostly my family here on earth rather than God's Kingdom. I am still making choices of staying in my comfort zone and making excuses not live out God given talents in Muskogee, OK.
It was interesting watching documentaries on Jewish people coming out of concentration camps and the challenges they faced with families, poverty, spiritual poverty, and how they were in a battle between flesh and blood (money, family, stability,)- when they were able to renew meir families or regain stable a living environment then most of them began going back to the synagogue. Similar to the Jews in Europe in 1940's the blacks in the United States were fighting similar battles- battles of the flesh and blood- worldly desires- instead of battles to further God's kingdom. Many blacks were denied rights, had to network with different races to survive and placed emphasis on getting feet back on track instead of carrying out the great commission. 
Take another subculture group, Sex Slaves, Sex slaves can be found in China Town, Nevada, or in hotels in your neighborhood. How can you tell these girls who have no place to lay in their own bed alone to come to come to Christ. How can a person really expect a 21 year old female to give up making $400 an hour to work for $10 an hour. They are fighting battles of the flesh- why sweat and stress for $10 an hour, if I decide to make less what happens if/when I return home.
I have stable home, I know I have all my physical needs met and my children are thriving in education and sports. We are focusing on spiritual battles- which I personally need to fight harder-- 
Taking information on Jewish history and black history, and sex slaves how do we teach them that the battles are not against flesh and blood but against rulers of the darkness (living a new life for God or living in sin with riches/fame)  How do they develop such relationships that demonstrate and share that  it is okay to take a huge pay cut to work in a better environment. Sacrificing families, riches, fame, and life as you know it is all worth it. 

I guess to put this into lay terms it would be like me telling you that Indonesia has a great business opportunities. To buy prime real estate building is only $5,000, the people are willing to work for $1.20 an hour, your US currency goes a lot farther, you will be successful in Indonesia if you leave life as you know it. 
How would you survive in Indonesia, How would you thrive? When would you begin to loose focus of the battle of flesh and blood and begin to focus on the battles of spiritual warfare? 

This scenario of moving to Indonesia is being faced everyday as we reach and disciple individuals other ethnicity, economic status, and backgrounds. 
How can the church be more of a common peer and less of a translator or business worker in Indonesia? 


No comments:

Post a Comment