Thursday, March 8, 2012

From Son up to son Down

From the time I wake up til my last son is in bed it is constantly mommy or Miss Kellie. My boys are sweet and demanding of attention, affection, and things cleaned. At work 20 4&5 yr. demands attention, affection, things cleaned, and conflicts resolved. I feel like a counselor, housekeeper, first-aide nurse, and teacher 24/7.
On Monday it was announced no school on Friday. Which meant all three boys in school and I actually had a day off. On Wed. it was posted that yes, we have a teacher work day 8-5. I was down and really excited about an actual day off. No matter how hard I tried to fight for the original day off it did not work. So off to dropping the boys off in the morning and going to work (no breakfast with hubby or trip to Tulsa as we planned on Tues.)
As I was driving home and saw a white tortilla (full moon: but Timothy calls them tortillas) I was reminded of God's amazing works and power. How God never slumbers, complains, is always at work. I am blessed the sun goes down and my sons go down. God never has a time when the sun goes down and never a time when his children are not demanding of affection, counsel, first-aid, a teaching, or resolving a conflict.
Father, may I have heart more like yours. May I not grow weary of taking care of my family, showing your love to other families, and not get tired of treasuring your precious gifts- small children. God you have entrusted with the lives of three boys and allowed me to influence 20+ others. God help me to be positive in a situation I am happy with. God give me insight how I can be more like you everyday.
I praise you for the children and so many extra things. I think about the schools in the Philippines how teacher would long to have extra food to serve to kids or cots to bleach. I think about the orphanage in Ethiopia where children would dream of having extra clothes so they would have to do laundry twice a week. I think about the streets in Mexico where parents work in the market and leave their children to play in the dirt. How these parents would love to drive their children to bus stops, basketball, attend school plays, and help them with spelling words. I think about the family in Hong Kong who could only feed a sick child out of a trash can at night who would long to have knowledge to share with their child and be able to feed the ducks with their child.
So while my Friday seemed really bummed I've asked for forgiveness in being so selfish and self seeking. God has given so much more and has blessed me in so many ways that I can manage the resources He has blessed me with (job, family, education, and Church home). God I thank you and praise you that you never sleep so you can teach me, counsel me, and resolve conflicts within me. I thank you and praise for your forgiveness and everlasting love.

No comments:

Post a Comment