Sunday, March 4, 2012

Celebration of Life

The last week of Feb. I was able to attend my grandmother's 90th birthday! During her party (Sat. 2/25) I received word a close family friend died of a heart attack. Wow! How life has twists and turns. I remember hugging my grandmother good bye at Cell Phone Lot in New Orleans. My thoughts were I am going to cherish this moment and make this last since this may be the last word, last hug, and last sight of my grandmother. What a privilege it would be be see my grandmother in a few years, but no regrets if God decided to take her life.

On Tuesday evening a close friend of mine gave birth to a little boy 3lb. 7oz. The baby is fighting for his life in NICU. My friend was released from the hospital and went to stay in a hotel without her baby. She is waiting for a room at Ronald McDonald House to become available. God has a way of teaching us who is in control and not to put trust in hands that can be seen. I celebrate the life of this little guy knowing God has a plan.

On Friday 3/2, the same week I learned my brother-in-laws past mistakes caused him to go to jail until a court date. That court date will determine a sentence or bail. It's amazing how life just turns. One minute enjoying freedom with family the next minute in a jump suit and handcuffs with limited fresh air.

Later that same night my niece was traveling from Searcy, AR to Texarkana on I-30. She was in a very bad car accident and her close friend from college died. It's amazing how life takes it turns. One minute having fun with friends the next minute taken off life support and God takes your life.

As I reflect on the ups and downs of this week I am thankful for life and I can celebrate life with God and for God. I celebrate the precious time I have with family (not knowing if we'll see each other again on earth), I celebrate that God does not keep track of our wrong like warrants, past mistakes, I celebrate life with my own children and challenged to make the most of every minute with them. I celebrate the life of David Morley (1946-2012) and know that he has finished the race while keeping the faith (2 Timothy 4:7) and we can live on David's desire to know God and present the gospel to young/old and rich/poor. I celebrate that my niece is doing well physical and continue to encourage her spirit with loss of a friend. I praise God in the storm and

And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

No comments:

Post a Comment